Categories:

Ms. Bolinger, our new 9th grade assistant principal

This year we proudly introduce our new 9th grade assistant principal, Ms. Bolinger! She started working in July of 2024.

This isn’t Ms. Bolinger’s first time working in a school. She has also worked as a Special Education Teacher, a Reading Teacher, a Reading Coach, and a Dean of Students. Before coming to CSHS, Ms. Bolinger worked at McFatter Technical College.

With this much teaching, she must have a lot of experience; well, when asked what experience she will bring to CSHS, Ms. Bolinger says, “When you are a new teacher, you’re learning, and you’re struggling with some classroom management” and she wants to “look for that one person to help.”

Ms. Bolinger wants to “assist anyone, and if I see someone that is struggling or a colleague that may need help or is going through something personal that I’m here to assist.”

Why would Ms. Bolinger start teaching? Well, when asked, Ms. Bolinger states that when she was younger, she had a “passion for helping teachers after school” and when she was helping the teachers, she “felt like a teacher at that moment, and I felt right there and then that my role in life was to help.”

When asked about her plans for CSHS, Ms. Bolinger states that she wants, “To implement a support plan to help students that are struggling readers, students that have not passed concordance exams, to motivate them to the point that they believe that they can pass an informative assessment.”

Ms. Bolinger not only wants to implement a support plan for students, but she also wants to “pass my passion onto my teachers as well to let them know that we can do this.”

A 9th-grade student named Tazaria Batts shares about Ms. Bolinger’s personality, stating, “She’s very nice and caring.”

So far this year, Ms. Bolinger describes her year as “invigorating” She is “excited to be here,” and she thinks it is important that “the role we do as educators to help high school students achieve and make academic strides.” She is meeting “great new people, and fascinating students.”

Ms. Bolinger’s message to CSHS? “Treat everyone how you would want to be treated.”

Donate to Colt Chronicle
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Coral Springs High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.