Mr. Dwayne Dixon Takes on Principal Role at CSHS

Mr. Dixon, excited to begin his new journey!
Carolina Gonzalez

After the departure of our beloved Ms. Suarez in December, Coral Springs High can now embrace Mr. Dwayne Dixon as the new Principal of Coral Springs High School.

Dixon worked at a few schools before coming to CSHS. He worked at Cooper City High School for 14 years as a U.S. History teacher, which led to his starting to teach Advanced Placement U.S. History. After his time there, he transferred to Cypress Bay High School and worked his way up to having an Administrative role.

While interviewing Dixon, he stated he is unsure what changes he will make to the school. He wants to “learn the culture of the school” before making any big changes to the community; he wants to speak with students, teachers, staff, parents, and city officials and ask them, “What are some things that you think need to be improved upon here at the school?”

Dixon’s favorite part of working in education? According to him, it is simply interacting with the student body and getting student input on situations that may arise. Dixon stated that he would want to meet with various students to get their input on what changes might need to happen around the CSHS community, “… I will make my priority list of things that we need to focus on.”

When intervening 12th-grade student Lavontay Norelus-eti, he shared his high hopes for the new shift in leadership. “I’m excited to see how the new principal molds to the CSHS community,” Norelus-eti said.

Though CSHS has seen the faces of many new principals, Dixon seems to have a unique style. In an email to staff and parents, he announced his excitement for his new position.

“I am thrilled to be the new principal of Coral Springs High School,” Dixon said. “It is an honor and a privilege to join Colt Country, and I am excited about the incredible journey that lies ahead of us.”

On Principal Dixon’s first day here, he explained that when he was in the hallway a student walked up to him, introduced himself, and asked him why he chose to come to Coral Springs High School.

Principal Dixon’s response?

Pullquote Photo

I believe that I did not choose Coral Springs High School, but that Coral Springs High School chose me.

— Principal Dixon

View Comments (2)
Donate to Colt Chronicle
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Coral Springs High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.